a serpent armed
[html]
<style type="text/css">
.Helotes {padding:10px; border: 4px double #000; background:#e46d12; color:#000; opacity: 0.8; filter: alpha(opacity = 80); line-height:120%;}
.Helotes b{color:#cd0000; text-shadow:1px 1px 0px #000; font-weight:bold;}
.HelotesFooter {background-image:url('http://i44.tinypic.com/2u40o0i.png'); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:right;padding:82px 0px 0px 0px}</style>
OOC: I guess others can join in now if they want.

Helotes watched in restrained horror as the male stumbled and eventually fell before him, his dark fur staining crimson and wet. There was a sickly sucking sound coming from the wound as Columbine attempted to breath. Helotes could do nothing but watch as the maddened coyote look wildly about, until finally a calm seemed to come over him. Columbine’s eyes came to Helotes’ then, and he lifted his arm, calling to him. Helotes recognized his brother then, and grasped his outstretched hand, and watched as his life slipped away from his physical form.

Helotes held onto the hand for a moment longer, his eyes never wavering from the face of Columbine. Then, he felt movement as Ezekiel neared him, but the Hydra did not look up at his leader as he spoke. Instead, he laid the arm across the dead man’s chest, and reached up to close his blank eyes. Helotes closed his eyes with a grimace and laid his large ears flat against his head as Ezekiel finished speaking with a blessing.

The beating of his heart finally began to slow, and he removed the wolf-skin pelt from his back and covered his brother’s body with it. The blood would ruin it, but he did not care, he just wanted to give Columbine some semblance of privacy. Then standing, Helotes finally turned to look at the Aquila, "I will dispose of it." His voice nearly wavering under the extreme emotion now coursing through him, but he saved face.

Then, Helotes became aware of the eyes of the others, but he could not bare to look upon them, instead he pivoted, eyes turned downward, to fetch the clan’s spare horse and cart.

Wordcount :: +282
template by revo. <3 - Table and code modifications by Alex
[/html]

Messages In This Thread