[p] taught i'm a weapon
[html]

(349) I reply now. ♥ Mel can has jump in whenever, because she's awesum.

Ithiel is by Raze!

Although his mount still had her moments of weakness, weeks of working with Myrika and the Bairre horse she'd brought from Freetown had helped shaped Ithiel's perception of horses differently. He had never bothered listening much to Kastra except where orders were concerned, else he might have picked up valuable information from her. Still, it was better late than never -- Lystra was a powerful animal capable of much, but she was also damaged goods, too. She had not been treated kindly, he thought.

The dusky man was inspecting the arrow he'd plucked from his most recent conquest when the noises of a quiet approach reached his ears. He looked up and found the Optio approaching him in her four-legged form. Ithiel observed this with interest -- he was not averse to his own shifting abilities, but he was a creature of dexterous capability, and much that he did required hands and arms and two legs rather than four. Still, he did not dismiss his own birth-form as useless -- certainly, a nose lower to the ground tracked scents better, and eyes closer to the ground missed less in the way of signs.

Thank you, he said, dipping his head respectfully. Lystra snorted and Ithiel offered a pat to her shoulder. The mare was not entirely discomforted by other Luperci -- strangely enough, it seemed to be other horses she had an issue with. Still, it was best to dismount, he thought -- it was disrespectful to be at such a height with one's commander, though he was not so subservient as to shift once he was on the ground. Archery is a skill I have valued since I was small, he offered, thinking it would make for pleasant small talk. It didn't occur to him to inquire on her well-being, or perhaps it had, and he deemed it too inconsequential -- he didn't particularly enjoy such inquiries; they seemed, essentially, meaningless pleasantries. I used to watch the older trainees every day, willing my paws to turn to hands so I could start to practice, too.

<style>
@import url('http://sleepyglow.net/rp/post.css');
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread