the world we know won't come back
[html]

(409) I am slow and smelly, I sorry. .___. ♥

Myrika is by Bobbi!

As her eyes adjusted to the brightness, she saw the truth in Vesper's words. While the days she'd practiced with Ithiel were overcast and mostly cloudy, today was a rare day with a bright sun and few clouds in the sky. The scents of spring billowed inside, and the woman nodded, slipping out of the schoolhouse. She paused to pin back the leather flaps hanging over the doors, hoping to freshen the air inside. You're right, she admitted. It'd be a shame to spend today inside.

The inquiry came as Myrika had guessed it would. She pondered whether Vesper had come of her own volition or if she'd been sent here -- either way, a gesture of kindness, and one Myrika was unlikely to refuse. Still, it made her feel awkward -- Ithiel did not need counsel, he had not received a visit from anyone. Myri doubted Vesper would require such reassurances, either, if the two of them had been in different places on that day. Still -- she was not Vesper, she was not Ithiel. She was Myrika Tears, and she had been raised to believe killing was bad, and killing was something Infernians and especially Lykois did -- but she was a Lykoi, was she not? She was an Infernian. And... she hadn't killed without reason, had she?

The woman took a step away from the door and into the full sunlight, breathing deeply of the cool spring air. Eira issued a whinny and trotted to the edge of the corral, followed closely by Cahal. Myrika's turquoise eyes appraised her mare sharply, searching for signs of roundness in her belly. She was growing fuller in the ribs with each passing day, though her pregnancy was not stunningly apparent yet -- in the next few months, though, she would become larger and larger. Myri was grateful for the presence of her bay stallion -- he was a good acquisition, and he would serve her well long after Eira's months of easy labor were over with.

I'm okay. I think, she said, shrugging. She felt rather small, like a child overstepping her boundaries. Ithiel said I should get over it, that she was dead either way. He's right, the woman added, shrugging. Ithiel's feelings were not exactly her own, though, were they? I'm... glad Halo is here. I wouldn't have that any other way. That was certain, and that was her own.

<style>
#myrikaBobbi {
font-family:georgia, serif;
font-size:12px;
width:95%;
margin:0px auto;
line-height:18px;
}
#myrikaBobbi p {
text-indent:50px;
padding:0;
margin:10px 0;
}
#myrikaBobbi p.sieImage {
text-align:center;
text-indent:0;
font-size:11px;
font-style:italic;
float:left; margin:5px;
}
#myrikaBobbi p.sieImage + p:first-letter {
font-size:65px;
display:block;
float:left;
margin:5px;
}
#myrikaBobbi p.sieImage + p { text-indent:0; }
#myrikaBobbi .txtooc {
text-align:left;
font-size:12px;
font-family:georgia, serif
text-transform:none;
line-height:16px;
font-weight:normal; }
#myrikaBobbi .txtooc .word { font-weight:bold; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-style:normal;}
#myrikaBobbi b { letter-spacing:-.5px; }
#myrikaBobbi u { text-decoration: underline; }
#myrikaBobbi b:before { content: open-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#myrikaBobbi b:after { content: close-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#myrikaBobbi b.npc { letter-spacing:.5px; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; }
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread