the world we know won't come back
[html]

(318) Did you know I suck? :3 Also presuming Vesper is kinda walking next to her I guess?! If need edit plz let me know. Larve youuu

She had replayed the events of that afternoon many times, looping them back and through her mind repeatedly. Nothing could have been done differently, she thought. If she had not done away with the wolf, Ithiel would have. If neither of them had taken her life, Ezekiel would have, if they had imprisoned her instead. It was not right or just for the wolf to simply leave, to simply walk free after having committed such atrocious attacks against the clan and Halo.

The mahogany-haired woman frowned, her ears flicking backward as she listened to her Optio. She did not imagine others felt the same way, but it was relieving to know she was not completely alone. She could not imagine many of Inferni hesitating before a kill or even having remorse afterward -- Ezekiel, Ithiel? No, they were too strong for that, or perhaps they were just better pretenders and better at hiding these things than most. She nodded slowly.

It's good to know I'm not alone in feeling this way. I think about -- her life, what it was like. What made her that way, the woman said, frowning. That isn't making it any better, but it... I don't know, I guess it makes me feel a little better and a little worse about it. I'm remembering her, or trying to remember her, with sympathy in mind, but it also really doesn't make it any easier to deal with. And if we have to kill again... and again, maybe -- maybe it will become too hard to remember all the faces, eventually? she said, shrugging and trying to look tough.

She thought she was failing miserably, and turned away, starting toward the fence but thinking better of it, remembering Vesper's wariness of the horses. Instead, she meandered slowly down the dirt swath in front of the corral, no particular destination in mind.

Myrika is by Alaine!

<style>
#myriAlaineLup {
font-family:'times new roman', times, serif;
font-size:14px;
width:95%;
margin:0px auto;
line-height:18px;
}
#myriAlaineLup p {
text-indent:50px;
padding:0;
margin:10px 0;
}
#myriAlaineLup p.sieImage {
text-align:center;
text-indent:0;
font-size:11px;
font-style:italic;
}
#myriAlaineLup .txtooc {
text-align:left;
font-size:12px;
font-family:georgia, serif;
text-transform:none;
font-style:italic;
font-weight:normal; }
#myriAlaineLup .txtooc .word { font-weight:bold; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-style:normal;}
#myriAlaineLup b { letter-spacing:-.5px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 12px; }
#myriAlaineLup u { text-decoration: underline; }
#myriAlaineLup b:before { content: open-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#myriAlaineLup b:after { content: close-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#myriAlaineLup b.npc { letter-spacing:.5px; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; }
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread