help I'm alive
[html]

Maybe finish up with your post or my next one? +353

The words “I wish” came out of the redhead’s mouth, and Vesper cast the woman a look. She grunted in sympathy, not trusting herself to speak out loud. It would have been hypocritical of her to assure Alma that it wasn’t her fault, that she shouldn’t have regrets, that wishes to the past were pointless. There were too many regrets for Ves to name in her mind, as much as she tried to bury the past where it belonged. Should’ve, would’ve, could’ve; all paraded through her mind in her darkest dreams. She wished she had killed Amy when she’d first gotten her teeth in her, so that this present situation would never have happened.

Both females were left to their troubles, thoughts simmering in their skulls until Alma was the one to vehemently break the silence. The Optio glanced over her shoulder and listened, making no remark and revealing no emotion at what had already passed.

The news of puppies, however, caused her hackles to go rigid. Her ears snapped forward, and her stomach twisted. As much as she was uncomfortable around children, with no maternal instincts of her own, causing puppies to suffer was one of the lowest of sins.

“I’ll send out patrols for her,” Vesper breathed. “Perhaps we’ll find them, Alma, but…” She shuddered then focused her icy gaze on the path ahead. “I’ll do what I can to look for them, if they’re still alive. I might have to take on searching myself, since Halo was attacked…” There were few scouts to spare after the wolves had beaten the Triarii with a club, had nearly taken her child’s life. And what was the threat of a lone dog in the clan’s mind when there were wolves to look for?

She hid her misgivings, her ears pricked at a meow from the guesthouse porch. The silver dappled kitten of Enkiel’s stared at them with moon-huge eyes, and the coywolf snorted at it. She let out a yip at the front door, hoping that the medic was in, and looked back at Alma sadly. There was so little she could do.

<style type="text/css">
.vespstalk b {font-weight:bold; color:#ab4a19; letter-spacing:1px;}
.vespstalk t {font-style:italic; color:#ab4a19; letter-spacing:1px;}
.vespstalk .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:5px 10px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.vespstalk p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.vespstalk {margin:0px auto; width:475px; background-color:#f1f3f2; background-image:url(http://i55.tinypic.com/6fnz0w.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 10px 0px 200px 0px; font-family: garamond, sans-serif; font-size:15px; color:#7d7e7d; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread