Look to the sky
[html]

My post is all kinds of choppy, sorry. ><

He smiled at the other’s eager question, going back in his mind to the August day that they’d met Saul Stormbringer and his stud. His smile faded thoughtfully. He’d befriended the man in Ichika no Ho-en, but his more recent memories of the now-loner were not so pleasant anymore. Not showing his misgivings, he only smiled at the woman again and estimated, “Prolly mid-summer.” It seemed close, even though spring had just begun. He’d no problem waiting.

Brown eyes wandered over her fresh scars, and he frowned in sympathy. “Regner help heal ’em?” he asked; he knew the elderly medic had probably been swamped with injured luperci coming in for assistance. It looked like her wounds, would’ve bled a lot.

He glanced at his stiff shoulder and sighed. “Yeah, hit with a bat, and shifted to make it worse.” He tried not to think about the man he’d killed, the brutality of it, even if he would have done it again for Dixie’s sake. “I’ll exercise it later,” he added with a one-shouldered shrug. He didn’t want to seem rude, and it worked better when he was alone—in case it did hurt, he didn’t want to show others his weakness.

<style type="text/css">
.waysaddle b {font-weight:bold; color:#aa3821; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #936f4a; }
.waysaddle p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.waysaddle {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#daa46e; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/CGa3P.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000; padding: 300px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#705338;letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:15px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread