Look to the sky
[html]

+304

He didn’t know what he was looking forward to more: the foaling or the healing of his stupid injury. He wanted to get back to work more than ever with his new official title of Cavallo, and many eyes had fallen on him for assistance with different matters in the pack, from mentoring to patrolling.

Wayne lifted his hand to keep his hat from flying off in the wind, smirking faintly as her hair flew out behind her. He shrugged without comment as she said the injuries had healed on her own; sometimes that worked, and sometimes it didn’t. Luckily, Dixie and he had learned the very basics of emergency care on the road, whether to patch up their horses or themselves, so he might have been able to survive. Without the medic’s expert opinion, though, his shoulder might have had less chance of a recovery. He was still holding his breath when it came to how well it would work in the future.

“Got hurt in the line of duty,” the cowboy said nonchalantly, although he smiled back at her. “I’d do anything to protect the ones I care about.” Even if it meant risking further injury by shifting and tearing out the throat of the damned raider that’d hurt Dixie-May. He wasn’t sure still how he felt about being the cause of another’s death, but it was just like when Gypsy and Duke had teamed up against the mountain lion. The herd would protect its own, just as Casa di Cavalieri would.

“D’you want to walk with me?” Wayne asked out of the blue, his chocolate brown eyes regarding her curiously. It wasn’t exactly exercising his shoulder, but some movement would do him good. “I need t’ make sure all the horses are fed anyway; maybe you can meet some of ’em.”

<style type="text/css">
.waysaddle b {font-weight:bold; color:#aa3821; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #936f4a; }
.waysaddle p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.waysaddle {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#daa46e; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/CGa3P.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000; padding: 300px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#705338;letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:15px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread