May the god of me protect my soul
[html]
[/html]The wolf took a step back and Tayui took one forward. She did not want to lose ground, especially since the wolf’s retreat was likely psychological. It also meant that she would put more distance between herself and the pure and perfect water. The sea had no need for a creature such as Tayui. She dishonoured it by lingering so close. It would be best if she left it until she regained herself.

The wolf questioned her hostility and Tayui smiled softly. She liked how her mind was full of thoughts of harm and hatred, but she could smile like this. For so long after Noir’s death, she could not bring herself to smile when she was happy. Now, she found it simple to call forth such an action even when inappropriate. It amused her greatly.

“I am not hostile, dear girl,” she replied. She held out her paw, as if to gesture after something, but set it down after a few moments. She smiled once more when she realized she had stopped. “I am anything but hostile,” she added. Her words flowed once more like pure water over treacherous rocks. But a quiet brook would give way to a torrent soon enough if there was enough rain. [html]
[/html]

Messages In This Thread