Out with the old, in with the new
The dark-coated lady had been meaning to head to the garden. She'd taken the announcements at the pack meeting most seriously, as she did anything her mother said - she knew Naniko too well not to. She knew something about plants, relying on them to flavour her recipes. But as she crossed the tunnel near the commons, she saw ahead a dark and loosely-tied ponytail, disappearing towards what used to be the stables. Down here in the torchlight, colours were indistinct and shapes shadowed and concealed - so Caprica could easily be forgiven for thinking that the new Angelo, Alaki was the passer-by; and that's just what she did. An impulsive urge came over her to follow him, so she strode down the corridor, garbed simply with only a handful of bracelets and necklaces - and nothing else except a simple plain leather wrapped skirt, with pockets for tools - she'd been planning to work today, after all.

She hesitated outside. What exactly was she doing? But she set her jaw. She could see him if she wanted to. She didn't need to make amends for their disagreement. She was allowed to participate in the work of the pack. And he was as much at fault as Caprica herself for the hard words which had passed between them. She was too big a person to be petty, though. She had plenty of time left to prove her viewpoint to him. Nothing was going to stop her seeing her Angelo in the meantime.

Caprica swept into the large cave that had previously housed the horses, and stopped just past the entrance, where debris littered the floor from somebody's previous attempts at getting everything equestrian removed. Her hands went to her hips in a show of bravado. "I've come to help, but don't think that means I'm giving up on fixing that sword," she announced to the room at large. "I'm still in the prep and research stage, if you must know…" but then her eyes hit the male figure of the Tuyul and her hands flew to her mouth. What a stupid mistake. "Oh. You're… you're in here," she spluttered lamely, the newcomer's name escaping her memory for the time being. "I thought… um. Hi."

Messages In This Thread