Out with the old, in with the new
The ponytailed man was very well-spoken. Something Alaki - nor Caprica herself - really shared. As her heart settled once more she concentrated on the wolf before her, one with a straightforward and yet intelligent expression, height and weight to possibly match even her own bulk, and a highly flattering bow which made her feel like royalty. She had no time to answer Alduin, though, having only just noticed her mother's arrival. "No, I was just talking to Alaki… oh sorry - Alduin," she corrected. Why had her idiotic mind made the same mistake twice? It was ridiculous. "Right?" She looked back at the new acquaintance, praying she'd got the name right the second time, or she was really going to look stupid. And that would never do in front of Naniko.

Caprica was a simple enough wolf at times. If her mom had done something in the past, then she had her reasons. Until she displayed signs of insanity, unreliability or anything else, Caprica would continue to trust her without question. And she doubted that the day would ever come when that changed. The Angela had almost goddess-like stature in her daughter's mind, although not because of her rank, or any supposed perfection: Caprica was under no such delusions. Merely it was her ability to inspire blind faith, by being a little unreachable: distant, aloof, but also somehow able to inspire great feelings of protection and comfort. Caprica had always intended to wind up strong like her mother, but had no idea how to begin.

She settled for grinning widely and quickly answering the man's question, that he had waited for long enough. "I'm Caprica, and I'm here to help!" she declared, before saluting her mother with jaunty respect. "I figure we can use the same wood from the stables for the workshop furnishings… what do you think?" she asked the room at large, gazing around at the assorted planks and beams.

Messages In This Thread