[J] First Contact
As the royal wolf lowered his body Kace felt less threatened, and she managed a genuine but small smile. Her body seemed to relax, her muscles losing ther tension. The King spoke and the little white pup fought the urge to bat his nose playfully, as she had done with her own father. But, instead, she spoke, and her words fell out of her mouth in the fashion that water bubbles over rocks.

Mr. ...uh...KING...Vigilante...Skoll's already said I can stay! He told me I'd taste really bad so he doesn't want to eat me! 'Sides, Skoll! You promised you'd show me deer, and I'd show you fish! So I gotta stay, right? The shyness and timidity of her tone seemed to float away as Kace's tail lifted again, as if letting itself be carried on the gentle breeze that rustled her snowy fur. Oh! And if I smell too much like Jeera, I like to play in the water, so I'll smell like a wolf again soon! And then me and Skoll can learn to read and write and when I can shift he'll teach me about horses!

Now Kace trembled with excitment. She had lowered the front half of her body, eyes fixed on Skoll, the either fortunate, or unfortunate, new title holder of Kace's New Playmate. The pup let out an excited yip, which was followed by a tackle to Skoll's leg. Can we go now? Please Skoll? She raised her body up to him, paws resting on his left shoulder. Her smile that now spread wide was accompanied by the eager jittering of her hind paws.

Messages In This Thread