Back to the basics
[html]

`` D I S T U R B I A
nothing heard, nothing said, can’t even speak about it; on my life, on my head, don’t wanna think about it

ooc; Word count: 302 // +3 points
Setting: Mid-morning, around 1000 in the library.

The library: it had been a long time since he’d set foot in one. The last time he’d been lucky enough to see one was long ago one his journey to ‘Souls. Despite not being able to read as well as he would like, he could pick out enough from the dusty books to make some sense of what was going on. The feeling of being taken away from the stress of everyday life was incredible, and it was sorely missed by the tundra wolf. So when he had discovered Anathema’s library, he nearly toppled over himself in joy. Unfortunately, it was lacking. There were only a few books, some writing utensils, and two lonely torches for light. Though disappointed, Alduin would make the best of it. It was his duty now to learn and record and fill this place with the knowledge of the pack.

So it was with a grin on his face that he gathered what supplies he could from the shelves and set himself at a table. It had been a while since he’d written anything, and now was as good a time as any to brush up on his skills. He set to work with the simplest of writing basics: the alphabet. He had learned from children’s books back in Alaska when he had made secret trips into what was once known as Anchorage. Carefully, he wrote out each individual letter across a scroll, both capital and lower case. He even began to hum the old song he’d heard in an abandoned classroom that helped him figure out what each letter was. It felt so childish, but it was the only way he’d learned how to get it done. So he shrugged and continued his practice. Better to know it this way than no way at all.

release me from this curse i’m in; trying to maintain, but i’m struggling. put on your pretty lies, you’re in the city of wonder

template by revo. <3

[/html]

Messages In This Thread