Back to the basics
[html]

`` D I S T U R B I A
nothing heard, nothing said, can’t even speak about it; on my life, on my head, don’t wanna think about it

Word count: 372 // +3 points

Alduin couldn’t help but let out a good-natured laugh. The girl was already proving to be everything he sought in a student: energetic, eager, and passionate. He had high hopes for her, and wondered if she would allow him the honor of being her teacher from now on. The thought was nice, but he wouldn’t have his answer until after the lesson. So for now, he busied himself with watching her take her seat with gusto and anxiously awaiting his instruction. He was quick to begin, and took hold of a pencil for himself as he spoke.

We will start with the most important aspect of writing: the alphabet,” he stated. “It consists of twenty-six letters which are the basis for any and all words. Without it, you cannot possibly accomplish anything in the literary arts.

He placed the tip of his pencil on a separate sheet of paper and slowly wrote out the first three letters in both uppercase and lowercase. The task was simple, but vital to understanding everything else she would come across.

From left to right, the pairs read ‘A’, ‘B’, ‘C’,” he explained as he pointed to each. “The larger letter is called a capital or uppercase letter, and its smaller companion is known as a lowercase letter. I’ll explain their meaning later. For now, try to recreate these letters on your paper in both upper and lowercase. Take your time, and don’t fret about how they turn out.

He chuckled as he recalled his first attempts at writing. Holding a pencil had been such an awkward thing for his massive paws to manage. It was a wonder that Aoi was able to grasp the utensil with such ease, but it made Alduin believe that she would be nothing short of an amazing writer one day.

No matter what, I must admit that I am already feeling rather proud of you,” he said kindly. “I have never seen anyone express such enthusiasm for learning than you.

He fell silent now, knowing that she would need the quiet to concentrate on her task. The first attempt was always the hardest, and he braced himself for any frustration she might convey on her endeavor.

release me from this curse i’m in; trying to maintain, but i’m struggling. put on your pretty lies, you’re in the city of wonder

template by revo. <3

[/html]

Messages In This Thread