Over the misty mountains cold.
[html]

Word Count :: 364

A bark cut across the silence. The dark furred young man froze, his horse responding and freezing with him, and turned his head to the side. He could definitely smell someone, but who, he did not know. And then he saw a sleek white form amidst the greenery. She was perhaps of Arctic or maybe Tundra blood, he realised from her pale coat. He nodded to the stranger and rode up, ears flicking forwards to catch the words that drifted across the wind. Ello, skipper! he exclaimed friendly, the cloak around him sweeping dramatically as he swerved to halt at her side. The agile wolf noted her different coloured eyes, and even the faintest details. The tiniest scars and the faintest markings he all took in, although it was her powerful build that sparked the most interest in his mind. G’mornin’, Tayui. he greeted, the new name rolling on his tongue through his spell casting voice.

I fare well, well indeed, and by my garb you may tell I’m goin’ away pronto. Not half, I’ll be dancing in the chimney’s before the dickory reaches nightfall, so to speak. he flashed a grin, hoping she was taking all this in. Few people seemed to realise what he was saying, but most were able to put two and two together once they’d got used to his odd accent and general phrases. Yer visitin’ Ani-a-waya fer any particular reason? Lookin’ fer somethin’ nifty, or yer just learnin’ it’s round-a-bouts and under-the-neaths? he pondered, chatting her ear off like he often did to people he’d only just met. It had been a while since he’d found someone new to express his thoughts and feelings too. The lean male quickly fished his feet out of stirrups and found himself swivelling round on the saddle, so he was sitting a bit like as if he was riding side saddle. He trusted Strider not to run off anywhere, and it showed just how comfortable he was moving around and up and about when on a horse, when he folded his arms across his chest and slid one leg up to meet his waist.

Image courtesy of Scott Hudson **; Table by the Mentors!

<style>
.K22911_Fro1 .ooc {font-size:12px; font-style:italic;}
.K22911_Fro1 p {padding:0px 15px 5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.K22911_Fro1 b {font-family:verdana; color:#4e3f3c; margin:5px; font-size:10px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.K22911_Fro1 {background-color:#323030; font-family: verdana, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #171717; line-height:16px; width:500px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/5902/frodoy.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:322px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #141313; border-radius:12px; } .K22911_Fro1-border {width:502px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:12px;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread