Over the misty mountains cold.
[html]:O Nah, it's prolly my fault for not making sure >.> I always assume optime, because that's my favourite, lol xD I guess it's weird on this site, sometimes I forget they're wolves, not humans :p Also, spelling mistake on my part; acquaintance, not acquittance!

The disappointed look on Tayui's face was to be expected, however the young man couldn't help but feel just a little worried. What if she really didn't want to see him? What if he had been wrong, and that hadn't been Claudius he'd seen leaving earlier; perhaps she would be angry for him for making that mistake? But no, he was being stupid. The older lady obviously was quite friendly, or at least, Frodo hoped to think so. But then again, he assumed that about almost everyone; which was usually a very big mistake. One day, his assumptions about everyone being simply nice would get him killed, no doubt. Of course, this warning never once crossed Frodo's mind. Poor, lovely chap that he was, always seeing the best in people.

At first it seemed as if Tayui realised Frodo was not quite sure of his words; especially when he waved his hand in no particular direction at all. Yet, she seemed to get the gist of it, and eventually seemed to grow accustomed to the idea of a friendly chat, perhaps. Friendly chat, most probably involving Frodo talking her ear off with complete and utter nonsense. Nevertheless, he was eager, and willing, to invite her into the strange world of Frodo.

He grinned as she said it was nice to meet him; a completely calm grin, and so she would realise now that he had indeed been saying his name when he'd said Frodo Silvertongue. As he held out a hand for her to sniff, he chuckled quite heartily, ticklish as she licked it and then finally regaining stature when she withdrew. Her next words were hardly a surprise, either, and he simply smiled and shrugged, willing to explain. I can see why yer all enver-the-lope about it, it is quite er... different to people round 'ere, innit? he commented. Yer see, I uh, well, under the bells and rings of the north western star, I was born to er... these traveller folk. Now, yer see, they all be speaking like this, you follow? So it only come naturally that I pickin' it up... bit like a 'coaster, you know? he grinned, thinking in his head she knew exactly what he was getting at. What he meant, was that was from where he was from, everyone spoke like him. He didn't know why, exactly, they just did. Plus, I were a pirate, me. Once. he said, eyes going a bit vague as he remembered his days as a cabin boy. He still had the whip scars on his back.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread