Over the misty mountains cold.
Ooh, I edited my post so it makes sense now 8D I thought it was another of Frodo's manners of speech. My bad!!
[html]
[/html]Frodo grinned when Tayui licked her hand, but also seemed to have some sort of shy smile hiding beneath the sunny exterior. She hoped that she did not re-open old wounds; if he was like Claudius and spoke in this manner out of anxiety, she knew how devastating it could be for someone to mention and question it. It was only her curiosity that compelled her to ask, so she held her breath, hoping that she had not misstepped. She let it out slowly when Frodo acknowledged his manner of speaking as different to those around here – ‘Souls, she suspected.

He revealed that he had lived with gypsies, or some sort of travelling group, which struck Tayui as quite plausible. If they were in the business of mysteries, she could see how they might speak in riddles. Of course, the place for such linguistic trickery was not here and she would have rather he speak plainly.

“A gypsy and a pirate?” she mused with a wry grin. “You’ve had quite the adventurous life then,” she added. Her grin transformed into a sly grin and was accompanied by a twinkle in her eye.[html]
[/html]

Messages In This Thread