Coming Back to Haunt Me
[html]

`` D I S T U R B I A
nothing heard, nothing said, can’t even speak about it; on my life, on my head, don’t wanna think about it

Word count: 509 // +5 points
ooc; Big Grin!!

Alduin’s ear shot up at the sound of the bark. He was startled and soon found himself turned around to face the stranger. But a stranger she was not and he couldn’t have been more honored that the Angela had been so quick to respond. A smile donned his muzzle as Naniko approached, his ears falling back toward his head and tail low but wagging. It was good to see a familiar face, but he dreaded the story he had to tell to her. Nothing about today would be easy for him. Nonetheless, he managed to fake a grin and fall into a bow when she reached him.

My Lady,” he greeted as he lifted himself. “I understand you are busy, but I wanted to share a few things with you, if you had the time.

He stood up straight as he reached for the elk skin and hooves that had been slung across his shoulders. Almost nervously, he kneeled and presented the skin to Naniko in one hand, his head bowed slightly.

As promised, I have returned what I took, madam. I’m happy to say I was able to bring more than my intended two-fold to their stores.” He smiled sheepishly before he continued. “I am not proud to say that I was only able to catch her because she had the misfortune of meeting the barbed wire in the area, but I’m fairly certain her sacrifice will feed the family for at least a little while.

In his other hand, he clutched the carved hooves, almost reluctant to give them to her; but, he listened to his better judgment and offered them to his Angela as well.

It is my personal belief that no part of any creature should go to waste,” he began as he opened his hand, revealing the small wolves he’d held so dearly, “so I figured I would make something out of the inedible parts.

Suddenly, he felt terrible for trying to give the carvings to her. They weren’t beautiful, for he was certainly no craftsman, and he was beginning to realize she’d have no use for such tiny decorations. He cringed as he stared at them longer, ashamed that he’d even thought to make the wolves a gift to someone in her position.

I…I’m sorry, Miz D’Angelo…I should n-not have offered something so s-silly to you,” he stuttered as he tried to apologize. “I-If you do not want them, I understand completely.

He remained where he was, head bowed and eyes closed. He hoped she would overlook his foolish carvings and instead focus on the elk that actually had a use to the pack. Stupid, stupid, stupid! he thought as he knelt before her. Where did he get the bright idea to carve them in the first place? What was it that made him think that it was a good idea to give them to the Angela of the pack? Silly Alduin. Foolish Alduin.

I am terribly sorry,” he apologized again, but more composed. “Feel free to pretend like that never happened.

release me from this curse i’m in; trying to maintain, but i’m struggling. put on your pretty lies, you’re in the city of wonder

template by revo. <3

[/html]

Messages In This Thread