Coming Back to Haunt Me
[html]

`` D I S T U R B I A
nothing heard, nothing said, can’t even speak about it; on my life, on my head, don’t wanna think about it

Word count: 400 // +3 points

Alduin had been completely unaware of Naniko’s words and movements toward him. He had been too preoccupied with trying to keep a smile on his face while once again burying the memories of his former life. Emotions ran high for the beast, and the last thing he wanted was to be comforted by anyone. He didn’t deserve it, and, try as he might to hide it, his body showed it very clearly. So when he felt Naniko pushing against his neck and chin, his eyes widened and he hopped back, startled. His fur stood on end and his ears pinned against his head as he turned to face the threat on all fours, teeth flashing as he crouched and readied himself for battle.

Through crazed, terrified eyes, he realized his mistake. He dropped onto his back and curled into himself, whimpering nervously as he tried his best to muster up an apology. Oh gods, he thought, she’s going to kill me! He cowered before the Angela, too stricken by fear to lift his eyes to see her. What had he done? How could he have possibly forgotten who he was speaking with? Surely, he would not end this day without physical pain.

I-I-I-I-I am so sorry, my L-L-L-Lady!” he sputtered out fearfully. “I forget w-w-w-who I am with!

He groaned, knowing full well he would not escape her teeth; but he would bear it. What else could he do? He knew what he had done, and such an act was unforgivable. He cursed his weakness—his inability to control his instincts—and prepared his body for the worst. She had said all those kind, comforting words to him; albeit, they were lost on him for he’d been distracted by the past. Still, she even tried to console him with a simple gesture. And what does he repay her with: sudden violence and hostility? Even if by some miracle the Angela did not put him in his place, Alduin would certainly find a way to punish himself.

I will take my leave, if you wish me out of your sight, madam,” he suggested as he remained balled up before her. “Or even the pack, should I no longer be welcome.

As he lay there, scared and worried of what the woman would think of him now, he couldn’t help but remind himself that today was, indeed, a terrible day—just as he predicted.

release me from this curse i’m in; trying to maintain, but i’m struggling. put on your pretty lies, you’re in the city of wonder

template by revo. <3

[/html]

Messages In This Thread