Mutation
Fayne's heart dropped when the stranger said she wasn't a wolf. She was more wolf than the majority of the Luperci that inhabited these lands. She was a traditional kind of girl, but of course a random stranger wouldn't know that. He stepped towards her and sniffed her out. She stayed still careful not to frighten him, he looked up at her and asked her "What she was." Well she was a wolf!! But she'd already told him that and he failed to believe her. She wasn't going to give up so easily though. She would have to show him, show him that the creature that stood before him was only one of three forms a wolf was capable of changing into. The virus was the culprit, you had to be extremely careful not to be infected by it these days. Fayne looked into his eyes and pleaded with them, pleaded mentally for him to just believe her. She shrugged and stepped back lowering herself to the floor in a squatting position her fists holding her up.

"I am a wolf. But, if you honestly don't believe me then I suppose I'll just have to show you. Hmm?" She closed her eyes and focused just as she had done before. But reverting back was always easier to her for she didn't have to worry about bad thoughts when she shifted back to her Lupus form. Her transformation back began with her long black locks retreating. Pulling themselves up and over her shoulders disappearing among the short layers of black fur that framed her wolfish face. She started to shrivel and contort her long straight back shrinking and her hind legs shortening and curving into haunches. Her front legs shorten as well her fingers shifting back into paws. The crackling of her bones was audible and she hoped it didn't frighten the poor soul standing only a few feet away. Within five minutes she was back on all fours, her head dropped and her eyes closed she took a deep breath.

Fayne lifted her head and opened her eyes to meet his, she wagged her tail behind her completely relaxed now that she was back in her comfort zone. She tiled her head and smiled kindly speaking with the same soft voice, now rid of the shyness that accompanied it in her Optime form. "Now do you see? I am a wolf just like you. The only thing different about me is that I've opened myself the changing world around us. A virus is the culprit, it's granted us powers. These days, two types of wolf walk this earth. One being pure and untouched by the virus and those who have accepted the virus as a part of them and discovered another side of themselves. Those who have grasped the power of the virus are called Luperci, which is what I am. You saw what all Luperci are capable of. But, my blood is the same blood that runs through your veins as you stand before me. We are the same, yet different. " She explained to him, hoping he would understand. If he had any questions she would be happy to answer them. She planted her tush on the ground and simply waited, seeking the understanding in his eyes.

Messages In This Thread