Mutation
The wolf that had just witnessed the most intimate moment a Luperci could share, upchucked right in front of her. She wasn't sure if it was because of the loud crackles her bones made when she shifted, or it it was because of what she was. A tinge of shame crossed her face. Maybe she really was a monster. Maybe she was just like those who this sickening virus had corrupted. Her mind wrangled with itself, tossing ideas back and forth, a mental battle raged within her. It was clear on her face what was going through her mind at the moment. She was filled with rage, shame, guilt, all at once. Her body quivered with the emotions that filled her and she held her jaws shut tightly for she wanted to yell at the stranger with every inch of her being. Revealing everything about her past all at once, desperately forcing him to understand. But, instead she held her tongue and continued to deal with the subtle involuntary muscle spasms that accompanied her anger.

Fayne looked deeply into his red-orange eyes which were full of the same kind of anger her own eyes revealed. Two angry wolves, stood in front of each other clinging onto what they believed, completely unaware of what the other has been through. Fayne's breaths became short and fast as she tried to contain herself, she was always brusque when it came to her own beliefs and found it hard to contain her thoughts in situations like these. She simply eyed the wolf, dislike in her eyes as he spoke two simple words. Words that didn't show a hint of understanding. She just sat there with incredulity in her eyes, she couldn't grasp this situation. All of the wolves she'd met so far were so welcoming and accepting of her. Why did she have to run into someone that made her doubt herself so very deeply. Not only was she angry at this stranger, she was angry at herself. Why did she think for even second that showing him that would make him believe...why would she be so stupid as to reveal such a horrible thing. Though she was trying so hard to accept it she doubted herself with ever corner of her being.

She tilted back her head and eyed him, her lips twitching trying to keep the emotions hidden. She took a deep breath and looked up through the trees focusing her gaze on the bright blue sky above them attempting to calm herself so when she spoke she didn't yell at the stranger. "I know." Her voice trembled uneasily, her eyes held back the tears which wanted to flood her face and drown her. "I knew it. You think of me as a monster. I can see it in your eyes as you stand before me. I can see the intense anger that wells within you." She paused, giving herself time to calm before she spoke again. She wanted so badly to yell at him, but she refrained from doing so and spoke in a soft even tone. Hints of anger were clearly audible in her usually kind voice. "All my life I've thought of myself the same way, trying so very hard to push aside those thoughts and live happily. Unfortunately that's impossible because I am what I despise most. I am impure, I am a monster! I can see it in your eyes!!" She couldn't stop herself from yelling the last two sentences. She turned herself around taking deep heavy breaths in desperation to calm herself. She was so pissed at what she was, it was ridiculous. The tears were flowing too freely to hold back and streamed down her face. She was so very, very stupid.

Messages In This Thread