Mutation
The words that Tharin spoke took Fayne's breath away in a large gasp, her eyes were full of wonder. This wolf came from the same area she had come from, far up north. They were isolated from the virus and before this apocalyptic world they were rarely ever found by humans. There was a time when her family lived in a place comparable to heaven. Lush green landscapes and a thriving amount of prey. If not for the virus they would have remained up there, happy and untouched by the harsh realities of this cruel world. The she-wolf felt her heart drop when Tharin spoke his last sentence, a subtle sadness was visible in her eyes. Did he really mean that the land had been touched by this changing world? She would definitely have to look into this for herself in the future, she couldn't believe that the place she'd been told stories about as a pup may be nothing more than a fairy tale now. Her previously wagging tail was now laying limply on the floor, her eyes were still full of the exuberance from Tharin's words but hinted the sadness she tried to hide with a bright smile. "That's rather strange, I come from the north too. Very far north. The place my pack called home was beautiful. Untouched by time so to speak." She stopped herself. Her stories were unimportant, she wanted to hear more about him.

Fayne lifted herself from where she sat and walked over to Tharin with a sincere look on her face. She sat herself down no more than a foot away from him eager to hear his stories. He had come from the same place she had and now she wanted to know more and she was willing to listen. "Tharin, I'd like to hear your stories if you're willing to tell them. I'm curious about you." She nudged his muzzle gently hoping he would open up to her. If he wanted, she would exchange her stories with him as well. Though, at the moment Tharin had her complete attention.

Messages In This Thread