Mutation
She came from the north too? Tharin's tail wagged, unaware of the fact that his avoidance of speaking about the famine that had come had dampened her spirits. The land would recover, the land always recovered from such things, but his pack had simply been unable to wait it out this time. The north will always remain untouched, no matter how many strange things enter this world. He spoke with pride, glad that he could share this fierce joy of the northern lands, where prey ran in abundance and the pack was the only thing that truly mattered.

It was too bad he couldn't return there. Tharin wondered if he'd ever find another place to call his own, a place to be with others of his kind and share that joy with. Fayne moved to sit next to him, nuzzling his muzzle gently. His ears lifted, taking on a more dominant stance in the presence of the submissive female. Happily he returned the affection, licking at her ears. I'm afraid I don't have many stories. I wasn't much for paying attention to that kind of thing. The hunt always interested me more. His ears flattened a little with embarrassment. There had to be something he could tell her. I could tell you about the time a bear attacked the pack if you'd like.

Messages In This Thread