Flip a Coin
Kit managed to sit down beside Fleta, and was surprised by the warmth of the female nuzzling against his body. It seemed like any time he was around the mysterious female, Kit had either a grin, or a smile on his face, but neither was something Kit opposed to doing often. Kit remained next to Fleta, his green eyes lazily watching her, while his ears listened to what she had to say, and found himself slowly trying to pull the female closer to himself in a half hug, using only one of his arms. "I'll try to make sure you don't get bored Fleta, and maybe you'll be interested enough to stay sitting next to me?" Kit replied with a playful tone, his tongue darting out to try teasing at Fleta's muzzle.

The feel of his hair suddenly being tugged caused Kit to flinch instinctively at the possibility of pain, but was relieved when Fleta was only being playful with her tugs. Before he could joke back, he heard the admission that it had been an act, and Kit started to jump toward worrying conclusions. Had the entire evening been an act on her part, and did she not remember that day as fondly as he did? Nervousness, it wasn't something Kit often felt, his own urge to jump into things keeping him from having the time to feel it. This time however, the male felt nervous about asking Fleta the first question that popped into his mind, and the pause was obvious.

"I wouldn't have hurt you... I'll admit that I was just trying to get the turkey from you at first..." Kit started his question, in an unsure tone, and then hesitantly added "Was everything an act?". The idea that she had faked being as enthralled by him at the end of their evening, as he had been with her, that stung the normally cocky male.

Messages In This Thread