within my bones this resonates
[html]
There was a change in the deer; Gabriel had noticed it, watching their patterns carefully. The rut had come to an end, leaving the younger, inexperienced males wounded and left to their own ends. They were still underweight, and while this concerned him in regards to how much meat could be taken from them, taking down two or more would given the clan enough food for a small amount of time. So he crept back to the shore and called for them, voice resounding over the crashing waves.

One by one, figures came. The day was gray and cold; his breath was visible with each exhale. As he waited for the group to settle, it began to snow lightly—flurries, though enough to address his concerns. “With winter on the way, our food supplies are going to grow strained. There’s a small group of deer not far off from here. I’d like to take down at least two of the bucks. We have to work as a group in order to make this work. One group will chase them into the other—if you have suggestions for positions, I’d like to hear them.”
[/html]

Messages In This Thread