down in the garden where it's cool
[html]

Word Count → 339 I like both those names! |: Better than my name, given most people think I'm an 80-year-old. D'aw, I hope you got back to sleep!

If she'd known Magnolia was worried about depressing her, Artemisia might've laughed aloud. She wasn't perhaps as dark as some of her predecessors, but there was certainly something lurking within. For the moment, however, she was as upbeat as she had been in many weeks. Something had already beaten the pretty silver woman to it, not that she cared to share this fact with anyone. She'd already wondered what it was like to die, but didn't obsess over it. She was merely curious. These hips, those ankles, her eyes. Where would they go? Was there some abyss that swallowed your old life whole, or did it remain like a phantom to haunt you beyond the end?

Absently stroking the kitten, upon further inspection she found that it's tail had curled elegantly around her wrist, and it's keen green eyes had settled on her face. The kitten did seem to like her, which pleased the girl more than she'd expected. It was strange to her how alike owner and master were. Passing her gaze over the length of the small creature, she finally lifted it to meet Maggie's again. Where did you find her?

Her adventures had been few and far between lately. Suddenly the idea of being an adult was pressing heavily against her mind at all times, and though she was excited, there was some anxiety surrounding the large step forward. As such, she hadn't ventured to Freetown yet in order to retrieve the answer to her riddle. Already she'd figured out a couple possible answers, but wasn't sure if they even existed. I was given my Cueponi task... But I'm worried about going to Freetown... that far away by myself. How often had she gotten so wrapped up in her mind that she hadn't noticed where her feet were going? Some day soon I'll need to go to Halifax, too, To claim things of her own, of course. She couldn't live off of her mother forever. In fact, she couldn't do that for much longer at all.

<style>
.heraldictxt-2 {font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/7Vx6P.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position: top left;}
.heraldictxt-2 p.ooc {font-style:italic; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:12px; text-align:justify; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.heraldictxt-2 p.ooc + p {padding:0px 5px;}
.heraldictxt-2 .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.heraldictxt-2 p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:10px 5px; text-align:justify;}
.heraldictxt-2 b {letter-spacing:.05em;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread