chasing dreams on broken wings
[html]
AHHH! Apologies for the wait. Haven't had interwebs! / 385!

Niernan had noticed Brans kick towards Ciaran and he shot his brother a warning glare before turning back to the situation at hand, letting an easy smile grace his muzzle. He flicked his eyes to Saul and answered his question with an unconcerned shrug. Just been wandering, met an interesting fella by the name of Oak a while back but other than that it's been me, Bran and Ciaran all by our lonesomes strolling through the woods. At this Temeraire giggled and held up a pine needle that he'd plucked from Niernans fluffy black hair.

The black and tan wolf was intensely interested in the body language between Saul and this new cousin of theirs, she seemed either insecure or hostile towards them, but then she moved towards Saul and Niernan thought he had it figured. His thoughts were confirmed when Saul laid his hand paw upon Lilins arm tenderly, a small smirk touched his lips before vanishing and he made a mental note to remind himself that Lilin was most definitely 'out of bounds.'

Sauls words, about him and his brother staying caused the young man to grin. This was just what he'd been looking for; somewhere to settle for a while. He chuckled and replied, I'm sure we could be of some help to ya if you want us to stay. We won't impose though. At Niernans slight suggestion of him and Bran leaving Temeraires paws tightened on his hair and ears, he placed a hand paw on Teme's foot paw and gave him a tickle, Ah, don't you worry yerself little 'un, If we didn't stay we'd come back to see ya anyway. We've got mischief to make, you and I. He felt Teme's tail wag against the top of his shoulders.

As he answered he felt the dynamic of the group shift a little, no longer were they a meeting of wanderers but a family with a leader. He looked at Saul and felt that he could follow this man as something warm and comforting filled his body. This was a new feeling for Niernan, well, it was the first time he'd felt it in his adult life. As a pup it was a common feeling, snuggled up among his siblings and parents, it was the feeling of safety.

<style type="text/css">
.neiot b {font-weight:bold; color:#d99e6f; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #100802; }
.neiot p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.neiot {margin:0 auto; width:520px; background-color:#3d2414; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/EBZI5.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0b052c; padding: 390px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#a96b44; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
.neiot p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.neiot p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread