she on the rocks sighed every day
[html]
do you believe

in the day that you were born?

tell me, do you believe?

Word Count → 312 :: I'm not used to playing a character who's so NICE. :|

“Thank you,” Pia returned courteously when he complimented her name. “I like Toby, too!” And it was nice luperci like that this gave her faith in the world. Many times this kind of trust had been abused, and many a rogue had played at her Good Samaritan card to take something from her, but each time she smiled away the wounds and moved on. After all, being pessimistic and sour about the world wasn’t going to make it better. She was absolutely dogged on this point.

She followed his charcoal gaze to the filly and nodded. “That’s Poppy,” she said, and the horse twitched her ears at the sound of her name before wandering off to graze more. Usually the young mare greeted new wolves as eagerly as her handler did, but it seemed that her stomach was forefront in her mind today. “But ’s only uncomfortable if you ride a long long time,” she said with a grin. “Helps if you gotta blanket or pants.” She teased him lightly, though she didn’t really believe in modesty. She liked how her clothes looked on her, of course, and adored the many pockets in her pants, but luperci had been born with fur to cover them, and that was all that was really needed.

She nodded lightly at his remark about pets. “Well, they’re hard work, and maybe them didn’t have enough food or room for extra animals?” She did her best to see every situation both ways, although she wasn’t trying to change Toby’s opinion. Understanding simply made for level ground to move forward, after all. She shrugged and beamed at him. “Is that why you don’t smell like a pack now?” she asked boldly, her smile and warm tone softening the obviously blatant question. Oh, she knew how to be tactful if someone was hurting, but tact didn’t answer unasked questions.

Pia Optime by Me; table code from the Mentors!

<style>
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:left; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
.piatime-box {float:right;}
.piatime {font-family:trebuchet ms; font-size: 13px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px;}
.piatime .words {font-size:25px; font-family: 'Delius Unicase'; text-align:center; line-height:20px; padding:10px;}
.piatime p.ooc {font-family:tahoma, sans-serif; font-size:10px; text-align:justify; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.piatime p.ooc + p {padding:0px 5px;}
.piatime .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.piatime p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:5px;}
.piatime b {letter-spacing:1px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:13px; letter-spacing:-.05em;}
.piatime t {letter-spacing:1px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:13px; letter-spacing:-.05em; font-style:italic;}
</style>

[/html]

Messages In This Thread