she on the rocks sighed every day
[html]
do you believe

in the day that you were born?

tell me, do you believe?

Word Count → 243 :: Mine is suckier!

The black shepherd broke the embrace, stepping back. She’d liked the closeness of another warm body, but she didn’t complain. She pressed physical affection on a lot of wolves regardless of if they’d like it, but she was satisfied for now with one gentle hug. Her tail wagged loosely behind her as she watched him, wondering what was going on behind those dark eyes of his, wishing that she could understand him and how best to heal him. She’d scolded other young dogs into rethinking their mean actions, cheered up an elderly coyote that was waiting to die, and even snatched a wolf back from the brink of suicide. Handling two personalities would be a new challenge.

Toby dismissed her offer for help, which she was used to. Few people ever wanted help, or if they did, they were too afraid to ask for it—afraid they’d burden her, as he seemed. They saw her as a gentle girl, caring but not someone to actually reveal problems to. They didn’t see the side of her that could lift mountains of pain on her shoulders.

“I like your eyes, too.” Pia answered his out-of-the-blue compliment without missing a beat. And she continued to stare at his face, waiting for him to make the next move, to reveal a weakness she could pounce on. She was a giddy predator waiting to snatch a rabbit, a rabbit she fully intended to help if she possibly could.

Pia Optime by Me; table code from the Mentors!

<style>
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:left; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
.piatime-box {float:right;}
.piatime {font-family:trebuchet ms; font-size: 13px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px;}
.piatime .words {font-size:25px; font-family: 'Delius Unicase'; text-align:center; line-height:20px; padding:10px;}
.piatime p.ooc {font-family:tahoma, sans-serif; font-size:10px; text-align:justify; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.piatime p.ooc + p {padding:0px 5px;}
.piatime .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.piatime p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:5px;}
.piatime b {letter-spacing:1px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:13px; letter-spacing:-.05em;}
.piatime t {letter-spacing:1px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:13px; letter-spacing:-.05em; font-style:italic;}
</style>

[/html]

Messages In This Thread