Get yourself back home
[html]

Word count: 484 // I knows a bit o’ Japanese so I hope Chi knows some so I can put it to use xD I noticed that Alaki sometimes spouts things out in the language so I figure it would be a good opener. If not, slap me across the face and tell me I’m wrong! Big Grin
Translation for other readers: “Nii-sama” is a very respectful way to address your “older brother”.

His pacing had come to a stop after a few minutes, having become sick of walking at the edge of the pack lands. The male adopted a sitting position instead, his eyes trained on the shadows of the trees. The scene was familiar, and fresh in his mind: him with his pathetic excuse for a son, and the disapproving leader that he had treated poorly. Chishio regretted many things in his life, but none more so than the day he’d exchanged words with the strangely familiar wolf. He would blame his actions on the drugs, however, and merely aim to redeem himself—at least in his own eyes.

So when he caught sight of his intended emerging from the safety of the shadows, he stood. For a moment, his ears flicked backward and his tail hung low, but with a quick motion they came to rest at attention. His stance was solid, though he promised no threat to the other. Being prepared wasn’t a crime, and he wouldn’t leave himself without his own defenses in this foreign land. As the man before him spoke, he took a moment to analyze his voice and commit it to memory. After what was a few seconds too long, Chishio finally responded.

I have personal business here,” he stated clearly, biting back the slew of insults he could have voiced. “I’m not leaving till I have what I came for.

His arms crossed over his chest in a display of stubbornness that could rival even the best of mules. He would keep true to his word, though. The encounter would probably earn him a few extra scars, but it was a risk he was willing to take.

As certain as he felt about his decision to return, Chishio still fought the thoughts that begged him to leave and told him he was wrong. The mental battle put a physical strain on the wolf, and the torment was beginning to show in his tired eyes. If he was right, he would gain what he had lost so many years ago. He would no longer belong to himself, and the very thought of such a thing made him tremble in delight. But if he was wrong… Everything would proceed as normal, and the lone soldier would move on until he found solace in an honorable death. So long as he lived, however, he would search to the ends of the earth for the only thing he ever held dear to his heart.

Nii-sama?” he called, unable to hold back the nervous crack in his voice.

To any other, his words would have been strange and nothing more than the gibberish of a worn traveler. For the right person, however, they would mean so much more. It was only one test, and certainly not the most telling; but it would at least point the desperate man in the right direction.

<style>
.japchi .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px; }
.japchi p {padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.japchi b {color:#a09e5c; letter-spacing:0px; font-family:times new roman, times, serif; font-size:14px; }
.japchi {background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i910.photobucket.com/albums/ac30 ... led-10.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#9c9822; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:475px; text-align:justify; padding:50px 0px 10px 0px; margin:0px auto; }
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread