Reminiscing on (mostly) forgotten memories
[html]
Word Count :: 347

The wolf shrugged indifferently when Wayne said that all names fit their host one way or another, but decided to leave it at that. He wasn't really interested in debating about such a simple matter, not when much more important issues and discussions were bound to come sooner or later. His lips slow twitched back into a small smile, though, as the mongrel spoke about his "sensitivity" to smells. Perhaps he had visited Anathema before, and that's how he recognized it so quickly? "True," he agreed, shifting his weight to his other leg, "Though I haven't been hangin' out with too many. Ah, well."

He saw Wayne nod after his little story of coming up to Nova Scotia, and paused. "... Why'd your folks move?" Rivers pondered over that for a moment or two, his grin fading for a good amount of time. That... was a really good question. Why did his family decide to move up North, anyway? What could it provide that the South apparently could not? "Honestly... I have no idea," he admitted after a while, sighing, "Guess it never crossed my mind to ask why. But I would bet it was for a good enough reason." He had been wondering about that as Wayne added that he moved with a friend of his, saying he didn't want her to go off on an adventure by herself. But because he was thinking of his answer while being told this, he didn't really respond to it.

Rivers looked the paler creature over as the dog introduced him as Buckeye. He then went on to say it was his job to take care of the horses, and the timber wolf nodded. "Sounds like fun, gettin' to see all them horses all day, ridin' 'em and what not," he said, his smile returning. "I might have to consider it—the job itself, I mean—'cause I think my folks had a horse with 'em when they left to come here. Can't say I remember much about it, though, but I'd think I could manage takin' care of 'em."

Image courtesy of miez!

<style>
.WidGrkRiver p {padding:0px 1px 5px 1px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.WidGrkRiver b {font-family:verdana; color:#343b22; margin:5px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;  text-shadow:#16190f 1px 1px 2px;}
.WidGrkRiver {background-color:#d3c968;  font-family:verdana; font-size:11px; color:#060404;  line-height:12px; width:70%; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://img842.imageshack.us/img842/8259/rivere.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:395px 0px 5px 0px; border:5px solid #060404; margin:0 auto; -webkit-border-top-right-radius: 30px;-webkit-border-bottom-left-radius: 30px;-moz-border-radius-topright: 30px;-moz-border-radius-bottomleft: 30px;border-top-right-radius: 30px;
border-bottom-left-radius: 30px; box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -moz-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -webkit-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d;}
.WidGrkRiver .inner {margin:0 18px;  border-radius:0px; border:0px ; }
.WidGrkRiver .name {text-align:center; font-family:Metamorphous; font-size:50px; text-shadow:#102015 1px 1px 1px; padding:0px 15px 0px 15px; line-height:35px; letter-spacing:1px;}
.WidGrkRiver .lyrics {color:#000000; text-align:center; font-family:Alegreya SC; font-size:11px; padding:0px 15px 5px 15px; line-height:10px; }
.WidGrkRiver .ooc {text-align:RIGHT; font-family:verdana; color:#102015; font-size:9px; padding:1px 18px 0px 18px; border-top:2px dotted #000000; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread