Melodies in the Night
Hunter's body wiggling in her gripped made Dara smile. Hunter reminded Dara of a young pup, trying to escape the grasp of their mother. She finally settled on Dara's shoulder, allowing Dara to place her head on top of Hunter's, but she didn't. Feeling Hunter nuzzle her neck made her decide to keep her head up and protect Hunter. Dara didn't know what made her suddenly feel the need to protect Hunter, but the instinct was there.

Instead she wrapped her arms tighter around the fragile piece of sanity she had found. She didn't want to lose the only thing that could possibly keep her sane and stable. Dara kept looking around the small campsite...if you could even call it that. The only thing she saw was the black horse watching her. His brown eyes held a curiously strange look, almost like he was assessing Dara. He seemed to be trying to decide if Dara was friend or foe.

Hunter's worried words brought Dara from her absent minded state. She hesitated only slightly before answering Hunter. She hadn't lied to Hunter so far, why start now. Well, I am just worried about somethings. I left my pack border's tonight because I was in a bad mental state. I have slight mind issues after the raid on my former pack. I was brought out of that state by your music but, I'm worried about that happening more often now. I don't want it to happen but it might. I'm very concerned for my own safety, their safety, and now your's.

Dara sighed deeply, and then yawned audibly, not trying to hide her's like Hunter did earlier. Though Hunter didn't hide her's very well at all from Dara. Dara reached into her bag, which she had placed beside her when she sat down, and pulled out some dried meat she had taken from the stables in her pack. She knew she wouldn't be in a mindset to hunt so she took the dried meat as dinner. She offered some of the meat to Hunter, hoping she would take it. Dara would start to worry if Hunter didn't eat.

Messages In This Thread