The devil's den
[html]

WC:301 // I try not to concern myself much with word counts! Your post sounded good to me~ C:

As soon as Coli felt the 'ground' wheeze and grunt beneath her step, she realized her mistake. Immediately she sprang back, the roof's rusted guardrail behind her, not sure how to react to the odd encounter. She had been ready to apologize for her foolish and embarrassing misstep, but once the male opened his mouth, that impulse swiftly dissipated. She clenched her hands into tight fists, eyes bright with indignation. "Try not passing out in front of doorways, moron," she spat in retaliation, ears laid flat against her skull. She had been a very timid wolf in her youth, and had been pushed around as a result. She was older now, and she had nothing to lose anymore; it made her very testy at times, sour at the world.

His masculine height was intimidating to her, for she knew all too well how frail and small she was. But she wasn't about to be scorned by this mangy layabout -- if he tried to physically harm her, she knew how to defend herself with the pouches she wore around her throat. He wouldn't be mocking her once the poison kicked in. As he smirked and waved his plumy tail to add insult, she gritted her teeth, a low growl lacing her voice. "If I'm stubby, you must be tatty; what happened to your ear, were rats chewing on it while you were taking a nap? Scars all over, fur falling out, you're a real mess. Even the bear would spit you out." The stranger had definitely hit a chord; the loss of her tail had been humiliating and painful, and she did not like being teased about it. It had been months before she could even balance properly enough to run, to hunt again. How dare he tease her for it!

[/html]

Messages In This Thread