Bottle it Up
[html]um... i rambled X.x

It was a delicate subject, the subject of war. Anu knew that Tayui understood; she knew that the pale female would just simply… know what that feeling was. They had both stood among turmoil, they had both known pain and fear and there were no words that would settle those nightmarish memories. Scars were what showed the world their wisdom. With no words Anu did not think she had nothing to say on the matter, the Dreamer was glad to get the thoughts out even if she was barricading the deeper feelings. It had been so long since she had let anyone know her thoughts.

She was surprised that her questions were not laughed off, she expected Tayui to always be a loner, for that was what Anu remembered her as. She had lived in AniWaya, perhaps with her friend Nayati Utina… perhaps with the others that had been her friends there in the tribe. Before she lost full faith in them.

Blue eyes watched her face as Tayui explained, the ways she had come to AniWaya and that she left. There was a hesitation, one similar to the pause of her own thoughts that Anu could not help but recognize it. While Anu had stood beside Crimson Dreams there had been the ups and downs of defending those lands, as well as the weight of the pack’s longevity on her shoulders. But she always felt it was right, she had always known it to be the pace in which her heart and body was to reside. Anu could hardly imagine the tire Tayui’s travels and displacement placed on her mind and soul.

The thought’s of the eerie silence she felt in Crimson Dreams were forgotten, for at least she knew it was her home. Despite their dwindling numbers and tired faces. Please, do not apologize. Anu returned, her eyes reflecting the nurturing and comforting nature that was so commonly revealed by the Dreamer. We have known one another for many years, Tayui. Anu began, feeling less helpless for she was not the only one still wondering where life would lead her. I can see the tire in your eyes, you must find a place to rest. I understand. Anu searched for her duel hued gaze, knowing well that her plight was not felt as a weight placed unjustly on her gray shoulders. Listening and helping was what friends did, and Anu was not a stranger that Tayui should feel she was blindsiding.

AniWaya is not what it was far before the war. The world around us has changed… The packs numerous and their leaders varied and to me: unknown. I just want to live, to give my sons a place to raise their sons and daughters. Crimson Dreams in not the flourishing pack that it was when we met last… But it still has the same beliefs, the same ability to provide a home and growth for us. She believed in her pack, believed in what they held true. She knew that it's simplicity was frowned upon, that its warriors few and that it’s stables small. It could be forgotten about, for a simple life was easy looked over, but Anu believed that there was honor in the tilling of land, hunting the wood, the exchange of love without betrayal or lust, and the raising of pups.

It will always be open to you Tayui. Till the day our borders fall.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread