Bottle it Up
[html] lol!!

Anu could not tell what was going on behind the red and blue eyes of the fellow female. She could not read her thoughts like lines of text that would explain why she was so reluctant to say them aloud. But those things were not for Anu to know, unless Tayui wished to share them. And she did not. The Dreamer only listened, and accepted her regretful decline to her offer.

No, Crimson Dreams would not be the place for the pale woman to settle. Her words reflected the unraveling thoughts and caused her to spit her speech and then continue after a moment of rearrangement. There was something that she did not understand, the wanderings that she had done and AniWaya. The confrontation between AniWaya and Crimson Dreams had twisted another thread of friendship in her life and Anu knew no one other then the old leader of the tribe to blame.

But it was not anger, only acceptance of her belief and her wish that Anu would allow herself to feel. It was an offer that would stand, as the Dreamer had spoken, in case the loner wished to no longer hold that title. But, it would have to be Tayui that bring the invitation back into the light for Anu would not repeat it. There was still a great respect that Anu held for her, and she would not throw that away by pushing.

Looking away she nodded, I understand. I would do the same for my own. I have tried to forgive the AniWayans, for my imprisonment and for the damage they had done to my pack. I know it isn’t –that– AniWaya any more, those traitors have been banished and control and peace regained… Anu paused. The scar on her neck pulsed with a phantom pain and she could not help but reach up to massage it, though she caught herself before her fingers could touch the fur and skin. Hand returning to her lap she wondered aloud, What is your son’s name? If I meet him, I would not wish to take my pain out on him. I still feel the weakness of my anger at times. She confessed, her tone softer then before.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread