Bottle it Up
[html]
[/html]Tayui felt like Anu was disappointed in her response. No matter how much Tayui would have loved to be in the same pack as Anu again, she knew that she could not call Crimson Dreams home. Not after what she’d done and not after what the pack had done. She might no longer be a member, but she was loyal; despite her constant pack changing. Even though she was a loner, she still treasured her bond to the tribe.

Even though Anu said she understood, Tayui couldn’t help but feel that she was letting her down. Of course, it would be preposterous to ask Anu to leave Crimson Dreams with her since she was a leader. But Tayui would have liked to have an old friend with her if she did join a new pack. No matter how much she was wiling to change and adapt, it would be nice to keep something familiar with her – or, someone.

Anu seemed to pause in thought as she drew her fingers up to her neck. Unlike Tayui, she was in her optime form, so the movement was not available for mimicry. But Tayui could see the intent behind the action. There was something that was bothering her.

“Claudius,” she replied when Anu asked for her son’s name. “Claudius Aston. He was a temporary leader of AniWaya for a short time, but I think he dealt with Savina more than you. He’s only mentioned a bit of what he experienced, so I hope—I hope he treated you well.” Although he’d told her many things, of his attempt to warn Crimson Dreams, she knew there had to be more that he’d left out. A war could not be summarized in a few minutes’ speech. She just hoped that no harm had come to Anu when he was a part of the war.[html]
[/html]

Messages In This Thread