butterfly with the broken wings
As his eyes fully opened instead of his half-slits from before, Selene greeted him with one of the best smiles he had ever gotten. She reached up to cup the side of his face and he leaned into the touch, turning his face after a few moments to kiss her palm gently and almost reverently. She glanced at the shirt she was wearing and he decided that it looked much better on her than on him. She asked if he minded that she borrowed it and he shook his head. "It's fine. You can keep it if you want? It actually looks better on you than on me." But not that he wanted others to see her like this.

At the mention of her sleeping better than she had before, Fritz read between the lines that she had had trouble sleeping. He frowned slightly but didn't ask about it. If she wanted to talk about then he would listen but he wouldn’t bring it up. Their kiss was surreal but at the same time right and he never wanted it to end, which it had to when breathing became necessary.

She then wrapped herself around him and he put his arms around her. He gave her head a kiss and felt his heart sped up at her words. "I love you too, Selene." He felt her place a kiss to his neck and he gave a happy and content sigh. She started to talk about how she should have noticed that he cared and he softly said, "You thought you had a chance with Hadley still. In your eyes, that might have been cheating." His words weren’t condemning; he simply told her his theory as to why she didn’t notice. They moved on to more pleasant topics and she asked what he wanted to do today and if staying here sounded good. He gave her a grin and said, "We can stay here as long as you want and/or need me." Nope, staying in bed wasn't a bad idea at all.

Messages In This Thread