[p] they say the sun won't burn forever
[html]

(251)

Tlantli is by me!

Tlantli had noticed the slave, but paid her no mind. Chattel such as the slave-woman was of no consequence to the flaxen coyote. Her mistress was the important thing to remember. Tlantli's gaze followed the retreating servant, but returned immediately to the Auxiliary. Tlantli supposed Eris was no longer her Auxiliary -- had she not just renounced her membership to this pack? A strange calm came over her, seeing the dark woman's uncertainty and useless anger. Tlantli had expected an explosion, she had expected to be chased from Salsola -- but it did not seem either would be the case.

The coal-furred woman's response surprised the flaxen coyote, and she cocked her head to one side, though this was all the curiosity she gave to the words. Sisterhood had long fallen from either of their minds, or so Tlantli thought -- Eris had not treated her as a sister since the summer. The wheaten coyote considered, and lifted both shoulders in a shrug, setting her mouth in a thin line. That is fine. I do not plan to return, she said. I am loyal, but you do not want me here, so I go. The woman paused, considering, and almost as an afterthought, tacked on more. My brother, my mate? They stay. They are loyal, as far as I know. This is my own doing. Mine alone, the coyote declared, her voice unwavering as the carnelian eyes which remained locked onto the blazing green-yellow of her former superior.

<style>
#tlaSiePose {
font-family:'trebuchet ms', tahoma, geneva, sans-serif;
font-size:13px;
width:95%;
margin:0px auto;
line-height:18px;
}
#tlaSiePose p {
text-indent:50px;
padding:0;
margin:10px 0;
}
#tlaSiePose p.sieImage {
text-align:center;
text-indent:0;
font-size:11px;
font-style:italic;
float:left; margin:5px;
}
#tlaSiePose .txtooc {
text-align:left;
font-size:12px;
font-family:georgia, serif
text-transform:none;
line-height:16px;
font-weight:normal; }
#tlaSiePose .txtooc .word { font-weight:bold; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-style:normal;}
#tlaSiePose b { letter-spacing:-.5px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 12px; }
#tlaSiePose u { text-decoration: underline; }
#tlaSiePose b:before { content: open-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#tlaSiePose b:after { content: close-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#tlaSiePose b.npc { letter-spacing:.5px; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; }
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread