[p] they say the sun won't burn forever
[html]

(268)

The tawny-furred coyote had ignored the woman's hurtled insults, her threats. They were of no consequence -- Tlantli was leaving the area entirely; what did she care if Salsola declared her pentiti Certainly, if Eris had the sense to think about it, she might have threatened Miqui -- she might have declared all the Kimaris family pentiti. Perhaps that would come to her later, but the yellow-furred woman had gone too far to consider such consequences.

The question, however, gave her pause. The coyote stopped walking, tilting her head back. She considered answering a long moment, wavering between spitting her response out in a harried way and simply carrying on forward and every possibility. In the end, she did neither. Tlantli turned around and faced the woman, her-shadow-furred face all frothy with useless rage.

I have no place here. My strengths are not wanted. You make that clear to me, the woman said, simply. Her slim shoulders were defiantly squared, and her feet were planted wide and apart. Even injured, she was certain the sable-furred woman was no threat to her. You do not want me here, Eris. You ignore what I give to Salsola. Why should I stay is the better question. She was defiant, her arms crossing over her chest. A bright red track covered her forearm, and the other elbow ached from a fall.

But that is a question you can answer to the wind, the rocks, the trees. Give your answer to them, the flaxen-hued woman said, waving a hand in the air dismissively. I do not want it.

Tlantli is by Kitty!

<style>
#tlaKitty {
font-family:'times new roman', times, serif;
font-size:14px;
width:95%;
margin:0px auto;
line-height:18px;
}
#tlaKitty p {
text-indent:50px;
padding:0;
margin:10px 0;
}
#tlaKitty p.sieImage {
text-align:center;
text-indent:0;
font-size:11px;
font-style:italic;
}
#tlaKitty .txtooc {
text-align:left;
font-size:12px;
font-family:georgia, serif;
text-transform:none;
font-style:italic;
font-weight:normal; }
#tlaKitty .txtooc .word { font-weight:bold; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-style:normal;}
#tlaKitty b { letter-spacing:-.5px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 12px; }
#tlaKitty u { text-decoration: underline; }
#tlaKitty b:before { content: open-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#tlaKitty b:after { content: close-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#tlaKitty b.npc { letter-spacing:.5px; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; }
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread