blue lips blue veins
[html]

Her baby sister, the weak sister, the cowardly sister. Huddled against Winter while she went off to hunt. Standing helplessly as Ves dueled with the dark, ember-eyed wolf who was their father. Useless. Lost.

Here.

Sparrow spoke her name, and it came veiled in the quiet voice of a woman now rather than the tiny child she remembered, smaller even than her. Underneath the plush of her mottled brown pelt was the suggestion of scars. And perhaps the largest difference was the slender hands, fidgeting with her hair in a way that suggested a normal tic.

“You were turned,” Vesper said flatly. She wondered if her own voice sounded different now, after everything she’d been though. But she was strong; she had flourished as a loner in the wilderness. Her nostrils flared, taking in the altered scent of her weaker sibling. “I didn’t think I’d see you again either,” she admitted, finally having the grace to avert her blue eyes, to show some shame.

The paler coywolf had been unsuccessful in saving her sister, her blood. Back then, it had seemed like another cruel twist of the wilds: survival of the fittest. Winter had been strong once, but not twice, and Sparrow had never been strong at all. Marcel had strength to match all but Vesper, who overcame her small size, the wounds ripped into her face and hips, in order to live.

Now it was more than fate, more than a pity. It was her duty to protect the weak and helpless by destroying monsters like Marcel, and she’d shrugged her shoulders and scuttled off.

If I pursued them, I would have died, Vesper told herself. Certainly, she would have pursued her father through lifetimes if she could, but vengeance must’ve weakened with the cycle of rebirths. Or perhaps not—perhaps they’d all done the cross-bearing wolves wrong long ago.

Suppressing a snort, she met her sister’s gold eyes. Her ear lowered against her slender skull, more angular and coyote and shape. And she asked weakly, “What happened?”

Word Count → 339

ves is gonna be heartless for just a liiil' while longer xD

love how you play sparrow, btw <3

<style type="text/css">
.vespurpl b {font-weight:bold; color:#37202a; text-shadow:#5e4857 1px 1px 2px;}
.vespurpl t {font-style:italic; color:#37202a; text-shadow:#5e4857 1px 1px 2px;}
.vespurpl p {padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:0px;}
.vespurpl {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#705968; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/aKXzz.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #37202a; padding: 450px 0px 5px 0px; font-family:georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#e2d9da; line-height:16px; text-align:justify; border-radius:10px;}
.vespurpl .wordcount {color:#37202a; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:7px dotted #e2bad0; text-transform:uppercase; text-align:center; text-shadow:#5e4857 1px 1px 2px; margin:30px 10px 0px;}
.vespurpl .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px; text-align:center; color:#37202a; padding:0px;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread