blue lips blue veins
[html]

Vesper had to swallow a lump in her throat at her sibling’s apology, but one look told her that it would be a lost cause to tell her not to be sorry. Something had broken Sparrow, although she had always been timid, malleable. She could only imagine what had happened, but she found it too hard. The Marcel that haunted her nightmares was a beast of fire and coal, his fangs tearing into her, crippling her, framing a mocking cackle. To see their father through her sister’s eyes—or, hell, through their mother’s eyes—was too much. She only found solace in that she had tasted his blood and knew he could bleed.

The mottled brown woman smiled weakly and frowned weakly and inched with weak steps closer to the skull-lined borders. It would have been easy for another sister to shift and embrace her, but Vesper recognized her flaws. She knew what was right, but she didn’t have the strength to completely forgive her sister or herself for what had happened that August day. Perhaps in time.

“You will learn,” the Optio agreed quietly, dipping her head. “Many will teach you. For long as you’re here, however, you have to swear your loyalty to Inferni. I won’t have you sneaking off if our leader Ezekiel orders for you to help us.” Maybe it was a mean accusation, but she had to acknowledge the possibility, and she spoke gently enough.

She waited for her sister to speak the words—whatever words did not matter, so long as she understood—and allowed a small welcoming smirk at last. Even as a child, she’d hardly ever managed a proper smile.

The light tawny hybrid stepped backwards, beckoning her sibling to come over the borders, to come into the home that would keep her safe. Finally, they might be able to set things right.

Word Count → 311

Some PP in assuming she makes a vow, but yeah. ^^; I'll go ahead and accept you now, but we can continue the thread if you'd like. <3 I'll be a bit slower from here on out though.

<style type="text/css">
.vespurpl b {font-weight:bold; color:#37202a; text-shadow:#5e4857 1px 1px 2px;}
.vespurpl t {font-style:italic; color:#37202a; text-shadow:#5e4857 1px 1px 2px;}
.vespurpl p {padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:0px;}
.vespurpl {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#705968; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/aKXzz.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #37202a; padding: 450px 0px 5px 0px; font-family:georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#e2d9da; line-height:16px; text-align:justify; border-radius:10px;}
.vespurpl .wordcount {color:#37202a; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:7px dotted #e2bad0; text-transform:uppercase; text-align:center; text-shadow:#5e4857 1px 1px 2px; margin:30px 10px 0px;}
.vespurpl .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px; text-align:center; color:#37202a; padding:0px;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread