A Helping Hand.
[html]
`` D I S T U R B I A
nothing heard, nothing said, can’t even speak about it; on my life, on my head, don’t wanna think about it

Word count: 363 // +3 points // That's ok! n.n

Alduin was, in short, confused. He’d never heard of anything like Toby’s predicament before. He had few words to say and even fewer experiences he could use to relate to him. Still, he listened intently, trying to make sense of it all and doing his best to keep the facts straight in his head. His kept steady eye contact with the dog, only looking away to hide the anger that surged through him at the mention of ‘rape’. He meant the hatred in his eyes only for a different wolf, and hoped that Toby didn’t take notice of it—that was the last thing he needed right now. He brought his eyes back to the shepherd, and forced a smile to stay planted on his lips. He felt somewhat uncomfortable with the information that Toby had relayed to him—it seemed a lot to reveal to a complete stranger—but Alduin was glad that his new friend was so willing to trust him with his secrets. At the very least, it made his smile easier to keep up.

I’m afraid that I do not have much to offer in words,” he began gently. “Your past sounds traumatic, and while I have nothing so difficult to deal with myself, I can give you my deepest sympathies.

He felt terrible for not being able to console the dog more than that and it was made obvious in his eyes. They shone with a sadness that he couldn’t keep away. In his search for something that he could relate to, he only found the recent past. It took everything in him to keep from leaving to hunt his enemy that very moment. He shook his head instead, and moved to rest a caring hand on Toby’s ankle.

If there is anything I can ever do for you,” he said, “you have but to call and I will be there.

His smile widened as he spoke in the hopes that the shepherd would know his offer was genuine. Seeing as how his time was mostly dedicated to Anathema, however, it would probably be a while before he could reach Toby; but he took care of his friends.

release me from this curse i’m in; trying to maintain, but i’m struggling. put on your pretty lies, you’re in the city of wonder

template by revo. <3

[/html]

Messages In This Thread