[p] the desert after nightfall
[html]

Ithiel is by me!

The night was not so deep Ithiel was drawn inside yet, and so he remained, craning his neck back. He studied the sky and stars as he stretched this way, though his ears flicked at the sounds of an approach, and his gaze was quickly leveled back to earth, seeking the approaching canine. He recognized her after a moment, her flame-colored hair a signature marking with which he identified her. As the woman stepped forward, she delivered a greeting to the bird first. Ithiel absorbed this without comment, and instead briefly dipped his head in greeting. Her question was direct, and the dusky coyote needn't ponder too hard to discern the cause of it: they were all on edge lately. Inferni had been attacked. They had good reason to want to gauge each other's strengths.

The dusky man exhaled and nodded his slim coyote's head, red eyes regarding her openly. Yes. I don't prefer it, but I can fight with tooth and claw and fists. Knives, and maybe swords, too, he said. He had trained with many weapons in Scintilla, though "training" in some cases was a single session in the yard. I can't say I am an expert, but I can fight in many ways. I prefer the bow, though. Why? His own question was just as direct; the dust-colored coyote was not a gentle personality. Tiptoeing around one's meaning and intent was simply a waste of time.

<style>
#ithielSie {
font-family:'trebuchet ms', tahoma, geneva, sans-serif;
font-size:13px;
width:95%;
margin:0px auto;
line-height:18px;
}
#ithielSie p {
text-indent:50px;
padding:0;
margin:10px 0;
}
#ithielSie p.sieImage {
text-align:center;
text-indent:0;
font-size:11px;
font-style:italic;
float:left; margin:5px;
}
#ithielSie .txtooc {
text-align:left;
font-size:12px;
font-family:georgia, serif
text-transform:none;
line-height:16px;
font-weight:normal; }
#ithielSie .txtooc .word { font-weight:bold; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-style:normal;}
#ithielSie b { letter-spacing:-.5px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 12px; }
#ithielSie u { text-decoration: underline; }
#ithielSie b:before { content: open-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#ithielSie b:after { content: close-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#ithielSie b.npc { letter-spacing:.5px; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; }
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread