[p] the desert after nightfall
[html]

A hint of disappoint crossed her face when he said preferred the bow, but some knowledge was better than no knowledge. The answer satisfied her still; she wouldn't have to go trekking all across Inferni's land to find someone. "The wolves fight in ways I do not know how to counter." Her words were as frank as his, though she did pause to consider how many details of the battle she would reveal. Running away struck her as a cowardly thing to do, and she had no idea how the dusky male might take it An outright lie, however, didn't strike her as good either. She was wounded, and he might notice even if it was dark. "My opponent had a sword, and a horse, while I had only a bow. I could only wound her once."

The unspoken message was that the wolf had found it far easier to wound her; the dagger wounds on hip and shoulder indicated that. It took her only a moment to decide which subject she would ask about - bladed weapons, obviously, for that was what the wolf had attacked her with. "Can you teach me something about knives?" Belatedly, she regretted that she didn't think to bring the knife that she had gained from the battle. It struck her as ironic to use something that had wounded her against Inferni's enemies. The coyote gave a very slight smile at this thought.

<style type="text/css">
hr { height:0px; width:100%; margin: 0px 150px 0px 150px auto; }
.runningdeertablerun {width:500px; border:none; margin:0px auto;}
.runningdeertableooc {font-family: times; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:.3px;}
.runningdeertable {font-family: Arial; font-size:13px; text-indent:30px; letter-spacing:.2px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:14px; width:510px; text-align:left;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread