[p] the desert after nightfall
[html]

Alma was so focused on getting it right that she hadn't noticed his appraising gaze. He had to have been watching her, of course, because he was her teacher for the time being. It just didn't occur to her to pay attention to that - not until she'd finished. Then the coyote turned her eyes to him, face showing some apprehension. It disappeared almost as quickly as his came, and his smile was returned with one of her own.

The assertion that a sword was useless when a dagger was close would have made her eyebrows raise, if she were capable of it. As it was, all that showed of her disbelief was a slight widening of the eyes. Despite her doubts, she watched his demonstration and afterwards, she crouched down in the same position. In her head, she imagined that one of the wolves was there in front of her as she pushed the dagger outwards and up.

When she had finished, she paused to ponder his words. The idea of attacking the weak points made sense, and could account for why he had said a sword was useless. It wouldn't do any good, she supposed, if she quick enough and was able to stab them in the gut before they could retaliate. Still, what if she wasn't quick? "Couldn't a sword still be used against me, if I were close? Even if it can't be used like a dagger, isn't it heavy enough to knock me away if I am not quick?"

<style type="text/css">
hr { height:0px; width:100%; margin: 0px 150px 0px 150px auto; }
.runningdeertablerun {width:500px; border:none; margin:0px auto;}
.runningdeertableooc {font-family: times; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:.3px;}
.runningdeertable {font-family: Arial; font-size:13px; text-indent:30px; letter-spacing:.2px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:14px; width:510px; text-align:left;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread