[p] the desert after nightfall
[html]

NO I REFUSE

A brief rush of satisfication came from within her, as the the dusty male jerked backwards; she'd hit him - or almost! Then he held up his hands for her to stop, and Alma's face became horror-striken with the realization that she'd let her anger get the better of her and had actually drawn blood. Immeditely, her movements came to a halt and she lowered her knife.

Alma stared at the wound - well, the small line of blood; it wasn't really big enough to be called a wound. Instead, it seemed that she had throughly attacked and sliced off a small patch of fur. The coyote relaxed, the horror on her face disappearing as quickly as it came. Her lips twitched into a smirk, the furless patch conjuring up a mental image of what he might look like if she had managed to slice all the fur off of him. As amusing as that was, she wasn't about to say it outloud - it could offend him.

It was then that she noticed he was looking at her as if he was proud. Alma's smirk turned into a smile. It did not last for long, however, as she followed his eyes and spotted blood seeping out of his bandage. "Sorry. I guess I got a little carried away." Guilty, she looked around for something she might use as a replacement bandage. All she could think of was foliage, or else some of the fur-and-skin scraps she stored in her den and used as bedding. The latter might work. "I have some rabbit pelts in my den, if you do not have anything to replace that with." She suggested, and glanced in that direction.

<style type="text/css">
hr { height:0px; width:100%; margin: 0px 150px 0px 150px auto; }
.runningdeertablerun {width:500px; border:none; margin:0px auto;}
.runningdeertableooc {font-family: times; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:.3px;}
.runningdeertable {font-family: Arial; font-size:13px; text-indent:30px; letter-spacing:.2px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:14px; width:510px; text-align:left;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread