[p] build that city on a hill
[html]

Myrika is by Kiri!

The question gave Myrika pause, and the tawny woman tilted her head to one side, azure eyes considering a shelf of the books as she tried to work through how best to explain. She supposed she must have met other canines who had no idea what books were, and the subject had simply never come up -- the tawny-furred hybrid certainly did not think any less of her clanmate for her ignorance. In any case, Sparrow was asking questions, so she clearly did not wish to remain uninformed.

Well, she began, still half-considering but thinking she ought to say something. It's kind of like -- well, when you say the word "sparrow" -- the word is made up of letters. Letters are symbols for a particular sound -- s, the s sound at the beginning, she said. S-p-a-r-r-o-w, she slowly spelled. Those are all letters, and when they come together, it makes a word. The letters are what gets put down -- written -- to represent the sound so you know what word it is. It's kind of like talking, but it gets written down instead of said aloud. Does that make sense? she said, biting at her lower lip, her large ears half-folding with the poor explanation. I'm afraid I'm not the greatest teacher. Maybe there's a book about what books are, and I can use that to explain, she added, grinning broadly. She wanted to laugh at that thought, but neither did she wish Sparrow to think she was being laughed at.

<style>
@import url('http://sleepyglow.net/rp/post.css');
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread