broken bottles form a star
[html]

541 → For my lateness, you get some insane rambling. Big Grin

Calmness touched her, like an easy breeze; she didn't have to be so formal with him, didn't feel the pressing need to constantly be wondering about his motives (despite his mask, which still put her off slightly despite being the answer to her riddle), and wondered vaguely if her mother would approve of such a man joining Salsola's ranks. Their hierarchy was strict, however, and many things were expected of everyone.

Then there was her, daughter of the Auxiliary, which immediately meant that she was held to a higher standard than most. Artemisia hadn't crumbled under the pressure thus far, but felt a daunting sort of feeling at being the largest and strongest of her litter, yet she was the last to complete her adulthood ceremony. Strange too, she thought, that despite her physical strength, she had never put it to any real use. Nor did she intend to. Becoming the pack's first true scholar, a teacher perhaps, was her truer desire. Until then, she would strive to become the sapienza; it would allow her to leave for long periods of time while gathering important information, but also to learn about herself away from the constraints of her home.

A quick smile was flung Thanos' way as he questioned whether Amherst was where, as he put it, the other wolves were. Assuming he meant her family, her home, she shook her head and settled her gaze in the direction they would be heading. No, it's a place further north, She gestured then, toward it, quickly followed by a quizzical look. He thought it was nighttime, still? It'll be morning, soon, But for now it was still dark, hence the torch. That, and there were still the invaders lurking about somewhere. She didn't want to be caught off guard again without something to defend herself. Everyone feared fire, to a certain extent, and if need be she could use it as a weapon. She hadn't thought that it could lure danger toward them, and didn't think of it now. A friend? She questioned his use of the word, but then waved her own words away. No, no. You're right.

Setting off toward their destination—it would take a while to get there on foot, she'd been told—she considered his final question for a couple minutes, watching their path carefully and sending her bright, jack-o-lantern gaze out into the darkness. Sometimes she despised the compulsion to look everywhere for danger. I... Don't really know. I've never been there, but some of my family have. It was built a long time ago, by the humans, and still has lots of things left over, even now. So far as she knew they were all dead, at least according to Sirius, who put up with her questions so long as it suited him. I'm looking for a mask, a μάσκα like yours. It's what I need to complete my... Quest, my trial. He would understand that, she thought. Wasn't he on one of his own, after all? The Αδελφόι, the Brothers had sent him on one all the way up here for a reason she did not yet know. There was a goal to her quest, but what if he didn't know what he was looking for?

<style>
.heraldictxt-2 {font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/7Vx6P.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position: top left;}
.heraldictxt-2 p.ooc {font-style:italic; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:12px; text-align:justify; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.heraldictxt-2 p.ooc + p {padding:0px 5px;}
.heraldictxt-2 .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.heraldictxt-2 p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:10px 5px; text-align:justify;}
.heraldictxt-2 b {letter-spacing:.05em;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread