felt the branches of it looking at me
[html]

The others acknowledged the need for access, and Vesper let that point die so long as they took it into account when they put the camouflage up. She watched her sister expectantly in the meanwhile, hoping that her expression was not unkind; she wasn’t used to ordering others around, although her tone had been more of a firm suggestion than a harsh command. Her tail twitched behind her as her blue eyes followed the movement of the other’s hands, the positioning of the stiff wood and the careful weaving of the greener twigs.

The Optio began to work as well, although she didn’t have the strength to bend certain branches or the skill to bypass that need. She snapped one twig in half accidentally and flattened her ears, but she went on working. Her own frame looked strong if bare, and she started to add more of the green stuff. She supposed that rope and more pliable branches could actually fasten the different sections of weaving together, forming a sort of cage for the archers.

Eventually, she finished hers and glanced to see the others’ progress, knowing that she’d likely be behind. “You two can start tying the leaves in, then,” she said, “and I’ll go grab the rope.” She had brought several yards of the stuff but had left it at the edges of the woods, and she could use the time to check with Stark and see about the dyes, although she didn’t know how he could carry more than a jar at a time, if that. She nodded at the pair and went to see.

<style type="text/css">
.leavesper b {font-weight:bold; color:#5a758f; letter-spacing:1px;}
.leavesper p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.leavesper {margin:0px auto; width:100%; max-width:600px; background-color:#cccdaa; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/cwcLd.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #6a6b59; padding: 305px 0px 3px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#6a6b59; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify; border-radius:20px;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread