felt the branches of it looking at me
[html]

(397)

Ithiel is by Raze!

Though the sound of a snap drew Ithiel's eyes, it passed just as quickly out of his notice and he returned to his work, shifting and tying and looping here and there. The dusky-furred coyote thought while he worked, his hands capable of moving without real direction and instruction from his mind. Though the work was new, the worker was not, and if nothing else, Ithiel was obedient and more than capable of following instruction. In his head, however, a thought occurred to him: this was not so different than one Scintillan technique. He could not remember, at first, the name of the suits worn by those outland scouts, permanent to the desert landscape. Before the name occurred to him, he was drawn out of his thoughts by Sparrow's voice.

Thank you for teaching me, the hybrid said to Sparrow, accepting the compliment without neitherfanfare nor bashful hesitance. Vesper proposed to fetch the ropes, and Ithiel nodded to this, turning to root through the pile of branches for one he thought he might be able to tie. They were not as strong as leather or rope, but the dusky-furred hybrid knew ropes, and thought he might be able to manage this. He leaned over his frame with a few branches in hand and began the work of adding them to the frame. When Sparrow spoke, he was surprised, but not unpleasantly so. The dust-colored hybrid paused in his work and leaned back a moment to look at her, nodding.

Like rope, he answered. But not as strong. They break more easily. He gestured to the two or three he'd broken in attempting to attach them to the frame. Do you know -- I was trying to remember before, the dusty hybrid said, one hand moving to scratch behind his ear as his red eyes surveyed their frames, thinking it might jog his memory. Where I am from, some Luperci wore suits, he said, pausing to consider his phrasing. They were like this, kind of -- strong fabric, stiff and scratchy stuff. The scouts wove and sewed plants and other forest debris over the suits and wore them. It provided more cover than the natural pelt. Some of us are blessed to blend in, others -- not so much, the dark man said, shrugging. Do you know what they were called? Would they be useful?

<style>
@import url('http://sleepyglow.net/rp/post.css');
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread