drinking from our skins
[html]

Vesper did not like being unduly cold to strangers, but if they caught her in the wrong mood, all of that flew out the window. She knew when she was being unreasonable, but her anger was more or less justified now—and she wasn’t flying at him trying to kill him, right? She could always act worse, went her grouchy mantra.

She crossed her arms in front of her dark-dappled chest, although she wasn’t closing herself off because she was uncomfortable this time. Glacial eyes widened at his smooth answer to her flat remark, and then she laughed. It wasn’t a nice laugh, more of a sharp bark that would have sounded more natural coming from Stark. “I used that line when I was a kid,” she replied snidely, approaching the deer while keeping her good ear trained on him. She didn’t know if the remark was true or not, but hopefully it’d put him back in his place a bit. Even if he stepped up and wanted something from her, however, he was sorely mistaken.

She tolerated his approach, even if her body was stiff. She began to survey the damage he’d done to the deer, hoping that she’d be able to drag it back without its entrails all falling out. His jabbering was an annoyance, but she glanced at him thoughtfully. “Vesper,” she said, deciding that giving out her name wouldn’t kill her. She offered him an unkind smirk and held up a claw as a sign to wait, walking back over to where the fawn lay collapsed. She grabbed it, throwing it over her shoulder until she reached the dead doe; she dropped it across its mother’s carcass and put her hands on her hips again.

“Even if I denied you, you’d bother me anyway,” Vesper stated. “You’ll help me carry the food back to the border.”

<style type="text/css">
.vesjcai b {color:#c9bdbd; text-shadow:#080404 1px 1px 2px;}
.vesjcai .npc {color:#8A632D; text-shadow:#080404 1px 1px 2px;}
.vesjcai p {padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:0px;}
.vesjcai {margin:0px auto; width:520px; background-color:#3d3a3a; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/U9Py0.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #2b2828; padding:0px 0px 270px 0px; font-family:georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#afa897; line-height:16px; text-align:justify; border-radius:10px;}
.vesjcai .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px; text-align:center;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread